In case you missed Agency Bulletin 2014-07 sent out in December, you now have the ability to change information on FNTI insured closing service letters (ICSL) without having to create a new letter.
Requests to change a date, the lender, a loan number, etc. can now be easily accomplished. Just follow these instructions:
How to Edit ICS Letters:
- Check the “Printed” box and “Refresh” in the upper right hand corner and select the letter you need to edit from the list generated. (If you need to narrow the search, select any of the column headings and the system will sort by that category.)
- Single click on the “pencil icon” in the Actions column, which directs you to the ICSL creation screen.
- Type in your changes in any of the fields except Lender. (Lender changes are addressed below.)
- Save the changes you have made and then “Preview” or “Print” as necessary.
The revised letters will automatically be assigned a “NEW” ICSL Letter ID and Verification Number, found at the bottom left corner of the letter. Lenders have the ability to verify or track the letters on the FNTI website using this information.
Lender Information Changes:
Follow steps 1 and 2 above to select your desired ICL, which directs you to the “Welcome to the creation of Standard Letter for TX” screen.
- Click on the “Save” button and then use the “Edit” button next to the Lender Name in the upper right hand corner of the Lender field to make changes to any of the lender information.
- Select the “Lender Management” tab on the left side of the screen and edit using this tool.
The “Lender Update” changes will be permanently saved.
First National welcomes your comments concerning our procedures and tries to accommodate agents’ needs and enhance these processes. Contact your agency rep with your suggestions to improve any of our services.