A few months ago we sent our agents a survey that asked questions regarding your expectations, needs, and opinions on a few subjects as it relates to what we think are some of the vital functions of an underwriter.
Here are your thoughts and our actions to meet your expectations.
Our agents want their underwriting counsels to:
- Be timely with their responses.
- Have the answers be as brief as possible balanced with providing them options to close their transaction.
- Not make our agents feel “stupid” or feel like they have been “talked down to.” In other words, they want the experience to be pleasant.
- With David, NolaAnn, Ellen, and in a pinch, me (I have been an underwriting counsel since 1998) handling your underwriting needs, we have the staff to get to your calls/emails/texts dealt with in a timely manner. In addition, our collective experience will have you feeling properly advised and able to tackle your closing.
- You want to see us regularly but not too regularly. You want our visits to bring “value” (materials, promotional pieces, information, along with our charming selves). You do not want us to stay too long, but you do not want to feel like we are running in with the car/truck running outside.
- With these responses, we are confident that our plan to visit all of our offices on a regular basis, provide timely education, and useful resources when we do visit will continue to meet our agent’s expectations.
- In addition to our traditional visits, you can expect an increase of phone calls, emails, and text messages (in cases where this is part of the conversation process) from all of us to see how you are doing. This will not replace our scheduled visits but only enhance our interaction.
- You can also expect to see Chris and me out on the trail at the behest of D.J., Suzanne, and Geri to visit our agents and to insure we stay in touch with our agent family at all times.
- Our survey confirmed what we thought would be the case as it relates to your expectations for education: You want us to provide you with as much education as we can.
- We are pleased to let you know that we are continuing our history of providing top-flight education to our agents and have enhanced our education platform in the following ways:
- We have increased the number of classes approved by TDI for CE credit.
- We have increased the number of classes approved by TREC for MCE credit for your real estate agents.
- We have increased our roster of presenters to be better able to cover your requests as best as we can.
- We have started our Webinar Series now in its fourth month. We are proud to say because of your support, we had to increase our capacity to accommodate the amount of attendees that continue to sign up.
- We have renewed our on-demand seminar contract with TLTA to allow our agents get CE hours at no cost. Contact your agency rep to learn more about this.
Value Added Services
You asked us to provide you with things that are “outside the box” or “value-added” that you can utilize to grow your business. In our continued quest to be your go to underwriter, we will:
- Offer sales training from our team that can be utilized to help you grow your sales force’s productivity.
- Continue our commitment to refer as much business as we can to our agents.
- Are please to have increased our ability to underwrite higher liability transactions.
I never want to leave you without you knowing how thankful we are for your support and loyalty. It will never be taken for granted.
If you did not get a chance to respond to this survey and would love to, please let us know. If you have something you would like to add, as it relates as to how we can be what we always strive to be: your most trusted underwriter, please feel free to reach out to me at George.email@example.com or 832-985-5938.